Monday, August 17, 2009

A little update...6 months old already!!


Dillon loved the piggies at the state fair. There was one that was running around and he couldnt quite figure out what it was. He loved watching them. I think he would have even loved sitting in there with them. We went out to the state fair this past weekend for a day. We were only there a couple hours becuase it got very very hot. Dillon did very well and loved looking at everything. He got a balloon and that was his favorite part of all.



Darren and I took Dillon out to Raccoon beach a couple weekends ago when it wasn't too hot out. He LOVED the beach! He loves to be outside and loves to watch people so he was perfect! As you can see in this picture, he can now sit up all by himself. He was a little wobbly at first, but he is really good at it now. Daddy keeps tyring to work on the crawling thing, but we're not getting far with it. (which is totally fine with mommy)


This is Dillon at the canal downtown Indy. I sat him in the flowerbed to take his picture, and He loved sitting down there. He loved it so much that he was taking leaves and shoving them in his mouth. Luckily we caught it in time and he didnt eat too much of one. He did get a little piece though, and he didnt think that was too tasty. This is one of my favorite pictures, he looks so grown up and precious. Hopefully we will get our photographer (papaw) together soon and head down to the canal in Indy for some more good pictures.
I can't believe my baby is 6 months old now! Its so hard to believe. People have told me from day 1 that it would fly by and to cherrish each moment. But oh my goodness they were right. I think it has gone way faster than I ever thought it would. I remember thinking, oh I can't wait until he is past the 3 month mark (because of the colic), but after that the time just kept flying by. Now Im saying, please slow down. He is sitting up all by himself now and rolling everywhere. He gets on his hands and we try to put him on his knees but he just doesn't get it yet. (which is fine by me) He is also eating solids now, he loves the fruit (applesauce especially) and does ok with the veggies, but the peas he will not eat at all!! (which i can't blame him, but i fed it to him anyway) It took him a while to get used to eating solids, but now he loves it and knows when he sees a spoon that its time to eat! :)
We will go to his 6 month check up on Friday. I can't wait to see how how much he weighs and how long he is. To me it looks like he has doubled his length, im sure thats not true, but he looks so long to me. Anyway, we will update after friday and let you know the numbers. Im sure we will have more pictures to post by then too! We are planning on another state fair trip on Saturday with Daddy, so there will be more pictures im sure!


No comments:

Post a Comment