15 years ago
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Back from NC!
Welll we (Darren and I) made it back from Statesville/ Charlotte area yesterday. We flew out really really early on Sunday morning and hung out in Charlotte downtown area for a little while, and then drove to Statesville. The day was very uneventful, we pretty much drove all over the state it felt like looking for something fun to do. We didnt really have any luck. But we ended the day with a short nap and then dinner at Red Lobster, which is always nice. On Monday we got up early and headed over to Concord to the racetrack. Ryan's wife and his publicist got us suite passes to the race so we could stay out of the rain. We got there very early and beat alot of the crowd. We got to watch the race and listen to everything that Ryan and his crew cheif and spotter were saying. It was the coolest thing ever! The race was very good, with a very good outcome for Ryan (he got second). After the race we went back to our hotel and eventually got over to Ryan and Chrissy's house in Statesville. They had planned on the party being during the day on Monday and planned on about 350 people being there. Since it was late on Monday after the race, there were only about 150 people there. Besides the catered meal and the enormous log cabin home, it was like an everyday cookout. Cornhole, fishing, popcorn, cottoncandy, big bounce houses. (ok maybe all of that isn't normal, but it was fun) The party was actually for their racing league, Stewart Hass Racing, which Tony Stewart owns. So, he was there too. If you watched the race, you can imagine his mood, pretty ticked off and grumpy. :) Needless to say, we didnt talk to him much, but we did get to hang out with and talk with Ryan and Chrissy and see their beautiful home. I wish I had pictures to post on here, but I didnt want to be that girl! :) Darren took some pictures when he was out there a couple weeks ago, so we will post those later maybe. Yesterday we finally got home after a couple delayed flights and I finally got to see my baby boy! He was mad that we left him at first, but then he had nothing but smiles and giggles for us. It was so fun! He had a great time with his grandparents and didn't even notice we were gone, Bella did though! :) I hope you all had a wonderful memorial day weekend too! We will post more pictures later!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I am so glad to hear that you guys had fun. I bet Dillon really missed you both. We should go to dinner soon (before Kaylee comes)!
ReplyDelete